RE: SRL311-00489 Website Update: Waxoyl

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SRL311-00489 Website Update: Waxoyl
From: "Bill Murdock" <BMurdock@SANITARYPROCESSSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:44:18 -0500
List,

I'll soon be pulling the body off the frame of my '68 2000. I've
repaired some rust in the floor pan, rockers, and inner fenders. There's
more to do once the body is off the frame. Looking ahead, I've been
puzzling over the final rust-proof coating on the frame and under the
fenders.

I was thinking of using POR-15 with a topcoat of the POR-15 Chassiscoat
Black to finish the frame. I'm not sure this is appropriate for the
exposed sheetmetal of the body for durability and rust resistance,
especially under the fenders.

Is Waxoyl suitable for watertight sealing of the underneath exposed
seams of the rear quarter panels/wheel wells?

What primer/topcoat works bets with waxoyl?

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Murdock
68 2000