Re: brake light/turn signal problem

To: tom@fransfancies.com
Subject: Re: brake light/turn signal problem
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 11:37:25 -0800
Ok, slight update.  Hazard lights blink all four taillights, just as it
should.  There are only three wires that go to the taillights, I figure one
is ground, the other two are for the two separate filaments in the
bulbs.  This means to me that everything getting from the hazard switch all
the way to the back of the car is good.  The only wiring diagram I have is
for the 68 or maybe non-US cars with separate turn/brake lights like the
earlier cars.  It appears that green/white is the dimmer filament common to
all four lights and white/red is the driver's side brighter filament and
white/black is the passenger side brighter filament.  Anyone know if this
is correct?  If so, are the wires the same color on the turn signal
switch?  Or is there only a left and right wire on the switch and it
branches out somewhere else?  Maybe it is the turn signal switch, as John
suggested...  I'll take a look at it later.  Any other thoughts?  Could the
brake pedal switch do this?  I assume the brake pedal switch goes through
the turn signal switch since it needs to flash that side off and on even if
the brake pedal is pressed - is that correct?