FS: '69 2000 and '70 240Z

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: FS: '69 2000 and '70 240Z
From: "milton3" <milton3@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:06:07 -0600
Ok, Houston TX Datsun sale.

Lack of funds to put the 2000 back on the road forces offer for sale.
This is a beautiful, completely rust free, straight paneled, roadster with
soft top frame and porthole hardtop.  I can take and send pics at your
request.  She easily earned the name beauty queen.  The two things
that were on my list to make her cosmetically pristine (before blowing
the motor) were a new dash (I have a line on a perfect example locally,
so ...), and a new soft top.  Tires are new, wheels are slotted chrome,
brakes and tranny are excellent.  I paid $5600 for her approx 5 months
ago.  I will sac and let her go for $2200.  I can also get a price on the
dash she needs if you're interested in getting it with the car.  I drove her
here from Southern California just 5 months ago - and I don't wanna let
her go.  Her VIN is SRL311 10165 and she is currently sitting in my
garage in Houston, TX.

I'm also gonna let go of my pseudo race car which is a '70 240Z.  I say
pseudo race because she has only seen amateur FP autoX competition
before I purchased her.  She has two way adjustable shocks front and
rear, is properly lowered, urethane bushings where appropriate.  Factory
A/C and Heater stuff was removed by previous owner and I don't have
the stuff to put it back.  The car did pass a Texas inspection and was
driven for a short while on the streets since I've owned her.  She's got
the 5sp conversion, new tires, unpolished slotted mags, winged seats
with harness slots and adjustable back recline (from another project of
mine).  Her body is mostly straight, and she's got a shiny coat of silver
paint (this is well sprayed, but body work was stopped at race-car level).
 Looks great in my driveway from the street, but I cringe when I get
closer and see the sanding marks.  The factory paint had begun to
seperate, so ground her to bare metal and had good paint sprayed on to
prevent the cancer from growing.  She does exhibit the first signs of
frame rail rust, but this has been reinforced so she handles like a well
suspended go cart (not rough, but not flexible flyer either).  I'm told she
pulled 119rwhp on the dyno before I purchased her, and I have done
absolutely no motor work since she came to live with me.  I've got
$2800 in her, and will sac for $2000.  She's in my driveway in Houston,
TX.

Thanks for reading.  I've got a digi cam and can turn pics around quickly
if there is interest.  My next stops will be the local paper and Ebay - of
course, I think these cars should go to enthusiasts, so ...

Thanks,
Milton
milton <milton3@pobox.com>