RE: Bits and Pieces (Car Update)

To: "Datsun Roadsters List \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bits and Pieces (Car Update)
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:28:52 +1030
Hi list, I'm doing as much as I can myself on my '65 SP310
Restoration.
I log every purchase related to the project in an Excel spread sheet
which also gives me a running total (SHUDDER!!)
The only jobs that have gone out so far are:-
1)      Grit blast the chassis, seat frames and backs, rear leaf springs
and spray these in 2 pak primer = $260AUD
2)      Gold passivate plating on 3 buckets of nuts, screw bolts and misc
chassis and body parts = $88AUD
3)      Steering box and idler box for checkover and repair as required =
still happening
4)      re-build all master and slave cylinders (brake and clutch) with
stainless steel sleeves and new seals = $1064AUD
Any parts I get from the States I am including the shipping charges as
well. (CRINGE!!!)
Anyhoo, including the original purchase of the car (22 August 2002)of
$2000AUD, the RED number as of 21/12/02 reads:- $4454.67AUD.
Today, with the temperature below 30 deg C for the first time in 5
days, I hope to spray the chassis in gloss black.
Have not touched the engine or attempted any body repairs yet!!
For those of you who have not seen the project have a look at:-
www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291195515
I have taken some more pics of the primered chassis etc. but they have
yet to be developed.
The plan is to re-assemble the rolling chassis and re-mount the body
before the next (southern) winter.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
Adelaide, South Australia.