RE: boat boxes

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: boat boxes
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:18:59 -0800
Yeah, that's basically what worries me about the battery box solution. In my
case, the strap goes under the tray that is bolted to the floor, so it's
probably a little more sturdy than simply using the plastic brackets. But it is
possible that the battery box could be broken in a major accident.

But bolting the battery in solidly poses some inconveniences, too. For one, it
isn't easy to get a wrench in there to tighten the thing down without
inadvertently hitting one of the battery posts. For another, it's also touchy if
you need to jump the battery or give someone else a jump - easy to make contact
between the battery posts and the fender with the cable ends.

With the strap, you can simply unstrap it, lift the whole thing out of the
aluminum tray and move it out into the trunk area, where it is more accessible.
The top of the battery box protects the terminals.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA