KA24DE or SR20DE

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: KA24DE or SR20DE
From: "Corey Hanks" <chanks5@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 13:23:43 -0800
Hi There,

I am new to the list and so I hope this gets posted. I am really interested in
swapping my U20 with a SR20DE or a KA24DE engine. I have heard alot of buzz
lately about both swaps and I would like to hear some information from the
pro's regarding this swap.

I have heard that the SR20DE has more power in stock form but there may be
some issues with parts availability in the states. Also can you get an ECU
from a junkyard car that will work with this engine?

What about performance mods for both engines. Is it easier to get an extra 20
to 30 horses out of one over the other?
What about cooling, motor mounts, transmission mounts, and other mods to get
the swap to work correctly? Is one alot easier to do than the other one?
Anyone make the mounts yet to do the swap?

Thanks in advance,

Corey Hanks

California
'69 SRL311