Re: clear anodized

To: Eric Wittinger <ewittinger@pixelworks.com>
Subject: Re: clear anodized
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:14:36 -0600
Hi ,
You can not anodize Any of the Datsun engine parts from my experiance .
I tried having a 2-liter valve cover done over 25 years ago .The shop said
they would try ,but it came out looking like it had been in a BBQ pit and got
"Smoked" .
They said you have to have Pure aluminum products to anodize , No cast alloys
.So
Now I have a Polished Valve Cover as the result :-)
Steve Ehlers
68 1600
69  2-Liter ( with solex )
73 510  2 dr "Brock Buster"