SRL311-00489 Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SRL311-00489 Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:45:45 -0800
Hello All,

First off, I want to wish everyone best wishes for the holidays. Hope the
year was good for you.

That being said, I thought I would update those interested as to the
progress of my 67.5 2000 restoration. Things are really starting to come
together. Ross has promised me tons of pics and I will soon be posting them
for people that want to see them. These will be important pics for those
planning restorations as they wil be showing things like caulking and
sealing the body, prepping for primer, seat restoration, and of course the
building of the frame and suspension components.

Right now all of my frame and suspension components are at the powder
coating facility. The body is back from the stripper and should be getting
sealed and primered very soon. After the holidays, the car will finally
start to be put back together with the building of the frame and suspension.
Pics galore on that I promise.

I am also going to ask Ross to take plenty of pics for the Volvo brake
conversion as well as the conversion to a late steering box. The engine is
at the machine shop where the block is getting line bored and my cylinder
head is getting new valves, new cam, new rocker assembly and all the other
goodies.

So come the first part of January, the heat is really going to get turned up
because at that point the repairs and component restoration will be done and
the car can start to come together. As Paul Bauman said "soon your car will
start to look like it will drive again and that will drive you crazy". I
have been wthout my 67.5 2000 for two years now and I can finally see the
light at the end of the tunnel.

Getting there,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000