OT imagestation (was: PictureTrail rules are changing)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT imagestation (was: PictureTrail rules are changing)
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:41:43 -0800
It was written:
> ...another lister put me onto the Sony Imagestation at:
> www.imagestation.com... Sony require you to login register...

Not to be a naysayer (but I'm so good at it), but...
Read the terms of agreement before you register, then decide.

To simply view images, you need to agree to not provide false
registration info and you have to provide them with personal info
like a valid e-mail address.

In posting images, you give up control of the images by granting them
non-exclusive rights! So two years from now you may find that photo
essay of your restored Roadster part of 'Hot Cars of Yesteryear'.
Maybe even with some cute model photoshopped into the passenger
seat. And totally without your permission. Oh, wait... you agreed to the
terms of service, so they DO have your permission.

Remember this next time you post a picture of your cute 6-month old
cousin, and keep in mind that Proctor and Gamble _could_ obtain the
rights from Sony and make him a Pampers star..

A free service? I think not. No exchange of money, perhaps, but far
from free...

-- John