Front Suspension - 1968 2000cc

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Suspension - 1968 2000cc
From: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:41:57 -0700
Hi Everyone,  I just dismantled the suspension.  Moving the tie rod ends
gives a rough feel.  The upper ball joints seem to have the same feel.  I
don't think it is just the lack of grease.  I will add a little grease and
see how they move.  The lower ball joints feel really fluid.  I called my
brother out of province to ask him about this.  His first comment was to
check for play before dismantling the overall system.  I knew that but
wanted to check for damages.  I had noted some play in the upper control arm
at the back (rod w/ the threaded bushings on the ends).  However, when
everything is loaded up, couldn't "no play" in a ball joint be because it is
dried out and/or damaged?  I have been slowly restoring the car for the past
two years and had the front end lubed sometime during that time frame.  It
had never been driven since.  Please help on this one.  TIA. Larry.