Who Is Jim Cawrse?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Who Is Jim Cawrse?
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 16:31:03 +0000
I'm not sure why folks are doing this, but I will jump in.....
I am 45, retired from the Navy after 21 years last July.
(nuclear machinist mate, submarines, followed by surface
warfare officer, E-1 through O-4)

Now I'm a civilian working for...the Navy.
Requirements Analyst at COMNAVSURFLANT.
I hope to help the Navy spend money on
good stuff.  We all know they have spent
foolishly many times.

I have been married to my trusty better half for
almost 19 years, and have two children, both in
high school this year.

I have always had American cars, and really like
the muscle cars from Ford and Mopar.  Never would
have been bit by the roadster bug, except this guy
that worked for me got out of the Navy.  He
abandoned his two POS Datsun Roadsters when he
moved out of state.  He signed the titles over to
me and sent them to me in a letter and told me to
please do something cool with his cars.
(he knew I was a life long motorhead and
practical engineer)
So...I towed them home and tried to sell them for
a few months.  I eventually hotwired the one
with the newest plates and discovered it was
amazingly fast (even more so with no brakes and
loose steering).  Turns out the one good part in
it was a professionally built hi perf stroker
pushrod motor.  I eventually sold the other car
for $600, and very very foolishly thought that
money would put the other car back on the road.
Some $5,000 dollars and several years later
I have the "SAKE RKT" on the road, and
occasionallyh autocross it.  Since then, I felt
the car needed some company, so I bought a
72 510 wagon, and have been accumulating parts
for it, including a L20 Mikuni Carb engine
and 280ZX 5spd.  Its now being home-done
restored like the roadster, after using it as
a daily drive for a  year.
I also have a 71 510 parts wagon.

Besides the cars, I like to hunt, fish, and
garden.  We often eat entire meals that have
never seen a supermarket, which is kind of cool.

So, thats me in a nutshell, of course if
we start telling sea stories better pull up
a chair and stand by for a few hours.....

Best Regards,
Jim Cawrse
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd "Sake Rkt"