1. dipstick/oil pan baffle 2. What to replace top of water

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1. dipstick/oil pan baffle 2. What to replace top of water
From: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:43:46 -0700
To List,

I've got three questions is my quest to put my engine together this weekend.
TIA!!

1.  I'm putting in the comp oil pan on my 2000.  Question:  my dipstick won't
work as there is no hole in the baffle (I've got oil pan on already and I
discovered this).  What has anyone else done?  Go without?  Seems risky, but
please advise!!

2.  As my car is non-smog with Solex's, do I still need that vacuum thing on
top of my water outlet?  If not, what can I screw in there to seal it up?

3.  I'm putting my alternator back on the passenger side.  I've got all the
brackets, but the top stud on my timing cover (that's where the bracket goes,
correct, along with engine hook?) is too short?  What size do I replace it
with?

Many, many thanks to all who've answered my questions any great thanks to
anyone who can help with these.  I'd really like to get my engine in my car
this weekend.  I'm sure I'll have plenty more.  And I apologize it I've broken
some list protocol I may unaware of regarding multiple questions in one
email!!

Allen
1970 200o w/Solex's hopefully in car this weekend