1600 Engine Parts

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 1600 Engine Parts
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 20:24:15 -0400
I went to my local Nissan forklift dealer and ordered some parts and was
shocked by the price discrepencies between Nissan car parts and the forklift
parts.

I purchased an early style water pump for 60 (car part costs 120!!!), crank
gear for 15.50, cam gear for 23 and that supposedly NLA oil pan gasket for
2.38!!!!!! All OEM parts!!!!

The parts manager, Frankie Perez, said he'd cut you 20% off and no tax but
shipping is extra. His email is xnissanliftx@aol.com . His tel number is
718-845-9868.

Tell him that Mike sent you.

He was floored when I told him I had a highly modified forklift engine in my
car and when I showed him pictures of my car he called the big boss to show
him and most of the other guys who work there. He now has a picture of my
car on his wall that I gave to him.

It was nice of him to give me the discount and not charge tax.

I'm sure I can convince Steve to post the parts diagram and numbers for
almost the entire engine. (Steve, I finally photocopied everything and now I
just have to cut and paste some of the articles I'm sending to you, as well
as the needles :)

Mike