Re: Brake bleeding

To: Allen Blackmon <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Brake bleeding
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:48:28 -0500 (CDT)
Allen,

There are two schools of thought on this one, closest to farthest,or
farthest to closest.

I use both, depending on what I want to do.

If all I want to do is bleed the brakes, I work from the master and then
go for the right front, left front, right rear, and finally the left rear.
This uses the least brke fluid.

If I want to flush the lines and get new brake fluid into the whold system
I do just the opposite.

Actually, it probably uses just as much to replace the brake fluid one way
as the other, but it does use less fluid to work from closest to farthest
if you don't need to replace all the fluid.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA