Re: Racer shocks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racer shocks
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 16:06:18 -0400
I have Konis on my race car on all four corners.  It's a direct bolt on, and
I believe they are still available.

Bill Wessel's race car (probably the fastest road racing 1600 in the
country), uses KYB gas adjusts in the front (I think), and some generic
Monroe shocks in the back.

The money spent on a custom shock setup could probably be better spent on
fixing the poor suspension geometry (bump steer and camber gain at the very
least), if the rules of your sanctioning body will allow it.  Of course at
that point, you'd probably need the new shocks anyway to get the car set up
properly.

Also something to think about is what handling attribute do you not like,
and are shocks the right fix for the problem.

Happy Roadstering,

--
Chris Coker
69 1600 SPL311      <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chriscoker/roadster.html>