RE: more mystery threaded holes

To: "'Tim Waltz'" <printner@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: more mystery threaded holes
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:15:59 +0930
Tim, I'm in the process of a complete re-build on my '65 and the holes
you are referring to are not for anything that is Roadster oriented.
My guess is the chassis was used for several vehicles and is therefore
somewhat generic in construction.
Also my SP310 Service Manual infers that the front x-member is BOLTED
to the chassis.
Mine is well and truly welded, which made removing the steering box
and pitman arm quite a chore.

Anyone know when the welded x-member was introduced??