Re:

To: Datsun_Sports <Datsun_Sports@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:45:12 -0700
Mike, in my '67 2000 I put in a cd player, amp, 2 8" subs, 2 threeway  round 6
1/2" speakers, and two tweeters.  I used the original console, but mine what
pretty "non-stock" to begin with, so I had no qualms about cutting etc.  I also
have no heater, so I had no need for the heater controls.  The vent controls
are still in place.  The previous owner had already cut the back shelf/trunk
wall for 6x9's, so I just openned them up to accept the magnets on the 8" subs
and made a fiber board mount for the subs.  I mounted my amp in the passenger
compartment up on the outside (right) foot well.  I put the 6 1/2 rounds behind
the seats on the wall, using the stock panels and cutting them so that the
speaker would line up with the holes already in the wall.  The tweeters I
surface mounted on the little triangular pieces that are in the driver's and
passenger's compartment (for example, where the hood release is on the driver's
side).  I did this all pretty inexpensively and it sounds GREAT!  I bought a
lot of my stuff from http://electronixwarehouse.com/.  They had excellent
prices, good stuff and were always nice enough to answer my tech questions.
Have fun