any ideas

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: any ideas
From: "Dana Scribner" <dscrib2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:22:57 -0400
Before I take my Roadster to Salem, MA and have the witches do their thing I
thought I'd ask you people.

Early last year after filling up with gas I reset my trip odometer.
Something happened and my odometer did not work after that. The speedo
worked fine. The cable was about 2 years old.

While replacing the engine & tranny I replaced the speedo unit.Testing it
first to make sure it worked. Everthing was fine. That is for about a week
and then the odometer broke again.

Once again I dug deep into the parts box found another speedo unit tested it
this time I also replaced the cable. Everything was fine for a while and
then the speedo part broke.

Now I'm out of speedos, I have a new cable and before I try and put parts
together (or have someone do it) does anyone have an idea as to what is
going on?

Dana