Re: Tow Dolly..

To: "Datsun Dude" <roadstrdude@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Tow Dolly..
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:30:14 -0400
If its a car with a steering column lock, then you can tow with the rear
wheels on the dolly - if you can't lock the front wheels, then you've got to
drop the driveshaft.  Someone, Snap-On I think, sells an inexpensive set of
plastic tranny plugs that plug into the tranny tail in place of the yoke if
you don't wnt to drain it.

You NEVER want to tow a car without its front wheels locked, and I mean
locked by a mechanical means, not a rope tied to the wheel.  You might, just
might get away with it for a couple of miles of low speed, extremely careful
towingwith the four-ways on, but no matter how tight you try to tie the
wheel down, the constant oscillation of the front wheels will loosen it up
in no time, resulting in your Roadster wandering all over the road like a
drunken sailor...eventually pulling you into the gutter with it!

Mark Sedlack
OROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://home.neo.rr.com/mark2000/images/datsun1600/