wildfires/66 overheating

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: wildfires/66 overheating
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:06:34 -0700
Dear LIst.
Thanks for the concerns on the fires here in CO. Actually, the big one started
about 40 miles west of here, Lake George, and spread to the northeast. We're
only getting the smoke. Saw a motorist read the riot act to another guy
throwing a butt out the window at a stop light this morning. I guess tempers
are "flaring".
Thanks for all who offered help on the 66 overheating/ lean problem. Turned
out to be a faulty elec. fuel pump back by the tank. Put in a new mechanical
and everythng is ok. Well almost...
I need the needle jets that regulate float bowl fuel. Turns out good fuel
pressure makes the needles leak. Anyone know where I can get a pair.? These
are the short ones for the 1600's. No gross jets please. Local imports shop
says nla.
thanks for your help.
Smoldering in Colo.
Mike Koken