Re: Fw: NHRA FACTS

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: NHRA FACTS
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 23:02:35 -0700
Ya, but can it corner?
I never thought drag racing was all that cool until I went to one.  Years ago I
worked on a fire truck in order to help out an SCCA club that was donating time
in exchange for track time.  We were set up just past the 1/4 mile mark.  What
was amazing was that you would see the car launch and travel about 1/10 mile
down the track before the sound of the launch would even hit you.  T.V. just
does not do it justice.  These cars are insane, as are the guys who drive them.
Thanks for that info Mike... absolutely amazing.
Greg Burrows