Re: List wars, Moving and Roadsters

To: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: List wars, Moving and Roadsters
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 09:31:06 -0700
Roman Rist wrote:

<snip>
I discovered that on a early motor, a GM single wire alternator is a
breeze!

(I agree!)
Roman, you may want to run a 10-12 gauge wire direct from the output of the
alternator to the positive battery post, as was suggested to me by an
alternator rebuilding company when I had trouble with mine (my amp gauge
always indicated that it was charging).  Also, I HIGHLY recommend putting
in a 30 amp or higher inline fuse between your alternator output and the
amp gauge (big white wire), as it will save your wiring if anything should
ever go amiss with the alternator (everyone should do something like
this... trust me, I paid the price once).
Good luck in your move!
Greg Burrows