FW: Ball joints

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Ball joints
From: "Peter Long" <Peter.Long@ecologic.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:53:54 -0400
Sel & all,

if you want to give this a try......the lower ball joint of a Volvo 122
(Amazon) *almost* fits....I say almost, because the spread between the
two outer mount bolts is wider than the Datsun unit, and so you'd have
to fab and weld a widening shoulder onto each side of the lower A-arm.
The inner bolt holes on the joint are the same as roadster.

I bought a Volvo joint to test out it's 'retrofit-ability', and when
I've had a chance to assess the viability, I'll report back - Unless
someone else does it first.  With the suspension parts being / becoming
NLA, we have to start figuring out new ways to keep things going.

I bought the joint here in Canada for about CDN$150 (USD$94), which
included 15% in taxes, so it's not particularly cheap, but all
indications were that it was readily available.  I got it the next day.

A disclaimer! If you try this, it is completely at your own risk!!  Do
not modify any part of your suspension unless you are confident in what
you're doing!

Pete Long
Guelph, Ontario
'68 2.4 twin cam