Visiting the Nissan Factory

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Visiting the Nissan Factory
From: "Mark Gill" <willie2570@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:13:21 +0000
Hello Fellow Roadster Listers,

I was just reading Brad Holmes posting to the list, and looking at some of
his pictures of places his Roadster has visited.  One picture was at the
entrance of the Nissan plant in Smyrna, TN.

Has anyone on the list taken a tour of the Nissan Assembly Plants in Smyrna,
TN or their Engine Assembly Plant in Dechard, TN.  I used to have a web site
that gave all the specifics of visiting automotive plants in the U.S.  Many
are not set up to give tours.  But most will accomodate tours of specific
people at specific times, if the correct contacts and appointments are made.

With the new "Z" car, Nissan is trying to bring attention to its proud
classic cars.  It is possible that they would accomodate a distinguished
group of Datsun Roadster Owners.

Does someone on the list know if tours could be made available?

If you have never visited an automotive assembly plant, you should.  You
would be amazed, plus it shows how engineers design for assembly without
enough thought for repairs afterward.  Most plants are like poetry in
motion, with the steady drum beat of the assembly line.

Regards,

Mark Gill
Rainy (Home of the Texas Motor Speedway) Denton, TX
1970 SRL311-14359

http://insideautomotive.aperian.com/