Getting pulled over

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting pulled over
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 00:16:52 -0400
I once drove a car home through a major city on the last day of a ten day
trip permit at about 11pm with no headlights, no proof of ownership, no
proof of insurance and to top it all off I had left my wallet in my "other
pants". Lucky for me I made it a point to memorize my drivers licence number
and date of expiry. That along with the name on the back of the trip permit
was enough to establish ID.

I know a call for backup went out because I was soon boxed in by 4 patrol
cars. After a breif meeting three of the officers left and shortly after #1
comes back to the window and asks if I have high beams and I said yes. The
suspense was killing me by this time. Here it is in the exact words.
"Son, I could write you up for at least a half dozen offences right now
but I don't want to spoil a clean driving record. If high beams are all
you've got use them. Have a safe drive home and don't do this again."

Words to remember. That one stop could have cost $$$$ or at least court time
and lots of aggravation.

Then there was the cop who offered to buy me a coffee after I ran a red at
2am. Yes officer i did see the light was red. It just never occured to me
that I should stop for it.

There's more!

--
Frank Roggeband  | 67.5 1600, 69 1600, 69 510, 71 510, 75 710, 93 KingCab
Grimsby Ontario  | http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html