Re: Appraisal...

To: jfrayser@worldnet.att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Appraisal...
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 09:07:04 -0800
I have seen this car in person. This was Mike Young's car at Shasta in 2000.
It probably is one of the nicest 67.5 2000s I have ever seen. If I remember
correctly, it won best of show that year.

Gauging value can be tough. As a completely restored 67.5 2000 I imagine the
street value would be anywhere from 15-20k. It's tough to say as some people
will put more value on a car than it is worth.

Since I am restoring my own 67.5 2000, I am being very dilligent about
keeping all of my receipts so when the time comes to insure it I will be
able to provide proof about the work being done on the car and its rarity.
One mistake I think we make when we value these cars is just putting a price
tag on what we hope to get for them if we decide to sell.

My approach is to document EVERYTHING so when I get my collector car
insurance I will have something to back up my claim if I ever need it. If
possible, contact the P.O. and get every bit of documentation about the car.
The more info the better.

You have an incredibly beautiful car. I hope you keep it for the rest of
your life. If you ever do decide to sell it I am sure you will have many
interested parties.

Good Luck,

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489