Re: O/T FDNY Online Flag Raise Statue Petition

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: O/T FDNY Online Flag Raise Statue Petition
From: Andy Klink <colonel_klink510@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:29:31 -0800 (PST)
Can someone please point me to where it says that the statue will have a woman,
white man and
black man raising it?  This petition says nothing to the regard and is very
vague AFAIK.  I hope
they erect it the exact way the picture was taken, but I'm a little wary of
signing such a vague
petition.  The wording can be manipulated to mean a lot of things.

just my 2 cents.

--- datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Sorry about the bandwidth but I thought some of you may want to read and then
> submit your $.02 to the site listed below.
>
> Mike
>
> This is a link to sign the petition to OPPOSE the altering of history that has
> been put forth by having the statue commemorating the flag raising at Ground
> Zero (attached) altered from the original photograph.  FDNY brass wants to
> change the statue to reflect "cultural diversity" rather than depict the true
> events, for the historical record, of that terrible day.  The brass wish to
> make the statue contain a woman, a black, and a white, whereas originally
> three white firefighters raised the flag to let the rest of America, and the
> world, know that, while we were indeed kicked, we were not beaten.  Imagine
> the outcry that would have ensued if it just happened to be three black
> firefighters who raised that flag, and a change was proposed to make the three
> a black, a woman, and a white!  I guess the new "politically correct" aphorism
> is:  History today, heresy tomorrow.
>
> http://www.petitiononline.com/flgraise/petition.html

=====
Andy Klink