Re: fan clutch

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fan clutch
From: "Todd Osborn" <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:38:16 -0800
Hi Dave
I have been using a fluid fan clutch and fan from a '78 Toyota Corolla
(gasp!) in my roadster for years. Not simple bolt on though, the clutch
flange does match the water pump flange bolt circle... but you must shorten
the water pump shaft by about an inch, trim the fan blades by about 1.5",
and move the radiator forward about 1/2". In hindsight a better solution is
to use an electric fan.

Todd -- I'm a bit behind in my reading -- Osborn
San Jose, CA
68 2L