Re: '69 SPL311 4-speed transmission problem

To: "Tunis NB Morrow" <tumorrow@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '69 SPL311 4-speed transmission problem
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 10:16:06 -0800
Are you sure you had the fork on the correct mounting in the bellhousing
when you reassambled the parts? Did you have the throwout bearing secured to
the fork with the spring clip? You should be able to "bench test" the
mechanism before you reattach the engine/tranny. Move the fork back and
forth by hand and make sure everything is moving smoothly and the fork is
engaging the throwout bearing and clutch correctly. The back of the spring
clip will snap to a mounting ball in the bellhousing if its installed right.
Good luck...
Mike Koken
Colo. Sprngs CO