Re: Petronix Ignitor / stock late radio: A+ for Pertronix

To: marc@animalfirm.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petronix Ignitor / stock late radio: A+ for Pertronix
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:12:33 EST
In a message dated 1/17/02 4:14:23 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
marc@animalfirm.com writes:

> Anyone uded the Petronix Ignitor electronic IGN on their
> roadster/Z/510/411/320, etc?  Any problems?  This would be for tooling
> around, not racing.

Don't have one on the roadster, but on of the Cortinas has one--- we did come
up against one problem: the "ring" that holds the magnets came apart and
spilled tiny, fragile magnets all over. Tried to put them back, but they are
in a special "polarized" order. Called guess Pertronix & guess what  - thier
tech dept actually answered and offered help to get us by. Then they
immediately sent  a new one out priority mail - free of charge. YEAH !! to
them.

I would highly recommend their product w/ great things to say about their
support people.

PS:I  have a radio - let me know off-list and I'll test it for ya ( out of a
non-op car), do you need the housing too?

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ