Took a ride today...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Mary_Ling@chiron.com, AvoBetty@aol.com
Subject: Took a ride today...
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:06:45 EST
...for the first time in over two months.

The weather in SF has been extremely cold but incredibly clear.  I tried to
fire up my 2000 yesterday but it barely turned over so I charged the battery
for a few hours and took my "little Rosie" out in the Pathfinder to get a
bagel.

This morning was another super clear day and by 930 Rosie and I were sitting
in our 2000 as she idled on the driveway for a few minutes.  Slipped the idle
knob back into place and we were off down the street with those mightly
Solex's honking all the way.

People stopping and looking and pointing at us as we cruised through our San
Francisco neighborhood.  Just me and my two year old girl with her little
hand hanging out the open window trying to grab a handful of air.  Along the
bus/trolley line stopsign after stopsign people stared in utter amazement.
As if they never seen a little baby strapped into a Datsun Roadster all
decked out in racing trim.

We pulled into the outdoor shopping plaza and into our parking spot which
just happened to be right in front of the coffee shop.  As i carried Rosie
away from the Roadster she says to an admirer, "Dada's car".  Thats my little
girl.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion