Re:Give me a brake

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Give me a brake
From: "SCHMITT, JOHN, NTCOM" <jschmitt0@att.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:03:30 -0500
Just a note about the adjusters.  I did a rear brake job on my 69-2L a couple
months ago.  I knew my adjusters were really pretty bad so I decided to get new
ones.  One of the new adjusters was cut incorrectly in that no matter how far
out the adjuster was turned, the pistons did not adjust in far enough to allow
the reinstallation of the drum.  You could see the difference between the two
adjusters.  I had to take it all apart and grind down the surfaces to get it
all back together.  I know I will have to replace that adjuster again because
the anodizing was removed and it will corrode.  Just an FYI.

John Schmitt
847-458-7829
Cell
847-691-4613