Went for a drive today

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Went for a drive today
From: "Pre-Zee" <Pre_Z@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:00:40 -0800
Awoke my 1600 from it's winter slumber, went for about 45 minute drive up &
down the highway.

All systems go!  No break down, no weird events, just a really fun drive -
even if the roof was up.

Meanwhile my not quite right neighbor who bought a TR4 about 18 months ago;
well his TR4 is sitting as usual on the gravel driveway under a very nice
cover.  As predicted by me, I see it is already beginning to rust along the
bottom edges.  In the time he has owned it, it has left the driveway two
times, the second time it was on the hook of a tow truck.  I love our
Japanese Datsuns, they just go, go, go.  You can be sure mine will stay safe
in the garage for the winter.  I hate seeing that TR4 dying a slow death
over there, but if he won't listen...

Three questions if I may.  I thought the rear end sounded a little grumbly.
I am willing to bet I am low on fluid in the differential.

What tool & size will I need to open it up?  What fluid will I need to add?
Full is up to the edge of the fill plug?  I just want to be all prepared
when I go out to that unheated garage.

Thanks in advance,
George M (Pre-Z)
'67 1600