Re: DRCWA - data error.

To: vlaury@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DRCWA - data error.
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:24:53 EST
In a message dated 1/10/02 11:25:29 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
vlaury@earthlink.net writes:

> Wow - nice art! but the website swamped out before I got a good look.
> Geocities! HA! "Sorry, this site has exceeded it's data transfer limit" - My
> ass!

No - this is a valid "error" w/ geocities. They are a "free" service, and as
you all know, free usually means there IS a catch. The price being you can
only have so much data transfer. Everytime someone looks at a page, they
count up how much data was exchanged. If you have a graphics-intesive site
that is popular - well,,, you're screwed. The error is only temporary, and
will go away, but is terribly inconvenient. Now that everyone on the list
will be looking, this error will probably pop up a lot !

 Most folks don't look at this when signing up ( they don't really highlight
it either). I have had warnings from them w/ some of the webring hub stuff.
You *are* however invited to upgrade "for a small monthly fee" .......
So... for all you folks considering web-sites - read the fine print !!!

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ