So far OT...King of Sweden

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: So far OT...King of Sweden
From: RoadsterGB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 16:59:35 EST
<< Reminds me of a verse from "Minnie the Moocher"
Now, she had a dream about the king of Sweden, >>

We need to bring this back "On Topic". Here goes:

We'd gone from King of Sweden to Minnie the Moocher.

Minnie the Moocher feautured in the film The Blues Brothers (great film)

In The Blues Brothers, the model Twiggy was stood up by Dan Ackroyd (Elwood).

Twiggy was GIVEN a Toyota 2000GT for doing some work for Toyota in the late
60s.

Twiggy's Toyota 2000GT has recently turned up in California

A pair of Toyota 2000GTs were raced out of California by Carroll Shelby in
1968.

Pete Brock and John Morton worked for Carroll Shelby and went on to race the
Datsun 2000 roadster.

As I said, there's always a Roadster link somewhere (however tenuous).

Rob