Re: steering wheel restoration

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering wheel restoration
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 22:16:34 -0700
The PC-7 is the same epoxy that comes with the Eastwood steering wheel
restoration kit.  Great stuff and when sanded and painted makes your
steering wheel look like new.

I later wished I had bought the Eastwood kit because the video would have
told me to file a nice V-shape in hairline cracks.  If you cover hairline
cracks with epoxy, the steering wheel will crack again in the same spot.
If you file a V in the hairline cracks and allow more filler material,
you end up with a strong repair that is not so susceptible to cracking.