OT-Why I bought the 350 jag

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: OT-Why I bought the 350 jag
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:19:10 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        Not that I need to defend the purchase of a XJ6 with 350 I will explain
why I did it anyways.  First off its an old jag which I think looks really
really
good.  We needed a practical car that would seat 4 comfortabley with decent
trunk space. The XJ6 does that in spades.  Plus it handles great and it used
to stop great. Its a bigish solid car with an auto trans that will hold up well
in an accident. Which is good cause this is the car Irene is going to be driving
mostly.
        Now the 350 with t350 autotrans what could be I simpler more durable
trouble free super cheap to fix powerplant than that? Plus it weighs like 150
pounds less than the Jag 6 cylinder.  Plus now I can buy all kinds of hop-up
parts for it from Summit Racing!!  It'll be great tohave an engine with TONS
of support and cheap parts.. Whats it cost to rebuld a sb350 like 30 cents??
        Checked the brakeline to exhaust pipe spacing and yep the rear brakes
run parrallel to the exhaust pipe about 2 inches away almost the entire length
of the car.  This might of contributed to the brake failure. But I also pulled
the master and its not new.. Its a brass resleave job and I can see rust in
parts of it.  THe bore has scrathes that I can feel with my finger.  I ahve
ordered a new one $170 bucks and hope fully I will be able to get it installed
and have the car up and working by next weekend.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA