Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!! dealing w/Brit cars

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT- I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT!!!!! dealing w/Brit cars
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 10:33:58 EST
Hey guys.... I wouldn't be so quick to blame the PO for lack of info about
the brakes. Daniel DID say that it was after 4-6 hrs of driving that this
happened - it may very well of happened to the owner if he hadn't of sold it.
+ He did have the good sense to have it checked out first. If it was
brake-boil, the owner may have never gotten out of his own neighborhood to
experience it. I've sold/traded MANY used cars and yes, strange & unexpected
things like that do happen.

Besides... it's a British car.... it just very well may be testing it's new
owners loyalty & commitment - consider it a "rebellious step-child" that will
eventually see that it's new parents aren't  all that bad.  Thier personality
is far different than the obedient Japanese cars we've grown so accustomed
to.

Another hint: don't fix every little thing on it... gotta make sure that
"something" is broken or it will come up w/ something on it's own. Better to
KNOW that the map light doesn't work, than to discover something more
critical has decided to take a holiday at just the wrong moment.......

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ