Re: alternator conversion help

To: "Adam Bradley" <ambradley@yahoo.com>, SLBESQ@aol.com,
Subject: Re: alternator conversion help
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:43:20 -0700
Great info on the alternators, but... Doesn't the voltage regulator prevent
the full 60 amps from hitting your wiring harness?   As I understand the
regulator, it sends only what is required by the electrical load.   As to
the amp guage not working, I have to disagree.   Mine works perfectly,
although only up to 30 amps which it would rarely hit, unless I have a dead
battery.   I have a pair of 30 amp fuses protecting my relatively fragile
amp guage as well.      As to the wiring.   I am using a stock harness on
the '67 and just hook up the white wire to my AC Delco, with a line run to
#2 post on the alternator.   No problems with that set up and it's got about
6 months of a 160 mile daily drive on it.

Good luck!
Eric