Report on the free roadster from PA

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Report on the free roadster from PA
From: Taylor McCarney <datsun69roadster2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:56:10 -0800 (PST)
Just let me start by saying "I love this list"  and
second the roadster is safe in my garage.  I was
waiting for the picture to post an email but when i
get them developed i will post them.  It is in an okay
condition.  rust were you expect and everything else
that goes with a roadster that has sat for 5 years and
has been through a flood.  The guy use to race it i
believe because of the raceing seatbelt, low profile
wheels, different muffler and a few other things.(no
solex though)  The car has a some bondo on it thats
the scary part because it has a cheap 2nd paint job
and we really don't know how much bondo there is.  It
has a soft top frame which is good.  The grill is a
million times better than the one on my car now ( i
didnt have one on ) The chrome is in decent shape
without much pitting.  To get the car onto the trailer
we had to use a giant come-a-long and we just pulled
it right up and when we got it home we rolled it right
into the garage.  The car didn't have a steering wheel
with it. the guy kept it cause it had sentamental
value and it was an expensive one.  The trunk hood and
hood are straight and the datsun 2000 and such are one
the car.  I havent looked over it to carefully because
i pulled the other datsun into the basement for its
big day of getting a top and have been doing last
minute preporation.  more to come when i get a chance
to inspect it better.       Taylor