Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z

To: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sid's opinion (diatribe) on the BMW Coupe, Z3 and 350Z
From: Alex Avery <aavery@rica.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:19:14 -0500
>design.  I think that Thomas in Sweden hit the nail on the head.  The 350Z
>is not designed for the types that like the Roadster, nor for the types that
>like the early Z cars.  If it had been, it would be a failure.  To be
>successful, it needs to appeal to the current sporty car market.

I thought that I was part of the current sporty car market! I'm 32.  I
don't know many 23-year-old guys with a spare $30K lying around.

>As a closing thought, remember that most of the established US automotive
>press dogged the Roadster when it came out, and still gripes about it in
>retrospect.

Yeah, and how many roadsters sold in the US? (don't git yer undies all
bunched up, I'm a roadster guy too) Now, how many 1st generation Z cars
sold in the US?  I'm just saying that the Z car appealed to a far larger
market than roadsters.

The foreign magazines were more kind.  I think this is a