Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, andycost@att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Size vs wheel width again
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 20:14:09 EST
In a message dated 11/8/01 7:54:04 PM EST, datsunmike@nyc.rr.com writes:

<< Are they hardened and slick? Too many variables to blame
 it just on tire size. >>

Excellant points!  From my experience with race tire fitted on motorcycles I
can assure you one thing.  Race tires are for the track and street tires for
the street.  But another thing that most people dont understand is that a
race tire whether it is for a car or motorcycle is good for only one session.

Race tires are designed so that they are good for one race and one heating
cycle.  Now this may be different with cars as I have read that to prepare a
race tire they need to be heat cycled and then cooled off.  Then they are
ready to race again.

Can any of the tire experts clarify?

Michael "Calspeed" Carion

///