Advice

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Advice
From: Joe Rubio <joe@venuesports.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 08:40:39 -0800
List,

Well we yanked the engine/trans at the local HS this past weekend.  Man
they have nice stuff there.  Hydrollic lifts, Snap On tools and a nice,
old steam cleaner.  I fired this bad boy up and completely cleaned the
engine compartment.  3 layers of cheap spray paint and 60+ minutes
later, I discovered it was originally white.  Boy it makes a huge
difference to be able to see all the parts in the engine bay actually
clean.  Makes getting in there easier.  New hood harness going in soon.
Probably be firing it up in the next week or so.  Kinda getting goose
bumps thinking about it, Solvang looks like a real maybe...here's what I
need though.  The interior is pretty shot.  I'm guessing under the
carpet is some pretty funky stuff waiting for me.  What would be the
suggested route to get the interior floorboard up to snuff?  I looked
underneath at the car while up on the lift and all through the fenders,
etc.  No apparent rust.  In fact, my buddy said he was shocked at how
little rust it has.  In this case none.  So I'm guessing the floorboard
will be fairly rust free, but full of funk. How do I clean it up and
once clean, what do I spray over it to keep it nice.  I'm not looking
for showroom, I'm looking for presentable.

Thanks.  I'm gonna order me up a hood harness, freeze plugs, valve cover
nuts and a coolant/H20 fitting for the intake manifold after I make my
way to the DMV this AM and figure out how to get it registered again
after sitting in non-op mode for 11+ years.

Thanks!  Joe

///
///