RE: New Guy On The List

To: Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV, res0a38s@verizon.net,
Subject: RE: New Guy On The List
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:15:38 -0500
>My only mistake to date (more to follow I am sure) was buying a T5 from a
>V6
>Firebird, so the 1st gear has a 4.00 ratio.  I really need a V8 T5 with a
>taller 1st.

Phil,

Sounds like another great opportunity for me to put in a plug for the Turkey
Rod Run.  One year I bought a toploader 4 speed (with synchros that look
like new!) out of a 1964.5 Mustang V8 for a whopping $75!  I damned near
killed myself trying to carry that cast iron lump out of there.  That is
when I learned that I need to bring a wagon.  The wagon also makes a fine
table (use the cooler for a chair) to eat the Pork Chop Sandwich!  (I think
that I may have spent too much time preparing for this pilgrimage - what do
y'all think?)

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060