general roadster tech questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: general roadster tech questions
From: "Amy & Erik" <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 23:03:26 -0600
Any hints for keeping the headrests from rattling around?  Driving so fast
that it pins our heads back  works only when I have a passenger.
And what is the  function of the 2 grometed holes in the back of the seat?

I made a few hundred bucks that I have earmarked for the car.  What should
be first? (after the headrest issue) My care has sagging rear springs,
slightly bad ball joints, upper a-arms pivots that could use some help, a
wobbly distributor, loose carb linkages (SU), a shimmed tensioner (U20) and
oil leaks.  I figure I have enough play money to take care of one of the
above. (not with NOS timing parts of course)

Of course the car starts, runs, and handles fine (very nicely actually), but
everything needs a little help after 30+ years,  so I don't know what I
should do first.  I would like to try Auto X next spring.
Opinions?

Erik Smeby
2L1600

///