Re: #@#$!! damn ! / VG30 vs U20 now roadster philosophy

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: #@#$!! damn ! / VG30 vs U20 now roadster philosophy
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 09:09:59 -0600
>> Pam Bauman

>>   The last time I drove a roadster was in 1981. I was 8 1/2 Months
>> pregnant with my now 20 year old daughter.

That must have been VERY interesting, both to do and to see. The reason we
bought I first 510 was that we were afraid that Elayne was going to bounce
deliver our oldest (now 30) from riding around on the brick paved streets of
the section of Fort Worth at that time.

Plus, how (now let me see how to delicately phrase this) did you get in the
car, sit anywhere near the steering wheel and then get out of the car again?
Particularly if the top was up?

As I've mentioned before, shortly after we got the 510, stock at that time
except for slightly oversize Michelins, Elayne won the event at the end of
her first autocross school and she doesn't show any signs of slowing down
now.

> Dan Neuman:

> Daniel 69 2000
> SF CA
> 2 blocks from the best damn tequlia bar on earth.

Which place are you talking about , Margaritaville? When I was out there in
'88 covering a week long conference at The Presidio for the Navy, the whole
video crew spent a considerable amount of time enriching that
establishment's coffers while consuming their product. It was in October and
sitting out by the sidewalk in the early evening was very nice, ...I think.
Some of the memories are still just a tad fuzzy.

Hope you all can abide the ramblings of a senior citizen.

Ron

Ronnie Day
ronday@home.com
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared Class Autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)

///
///