RE: I'd like to hear what others think. Roman

To: "Roman Rist" <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: I'd like to hear what others think. Roman
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 08:58:43 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
>For that moment in time that car is the best damn roadster in the
>world!
>I'd like to hear what others think.
>
>Roman

  Well said, and I agree.  My 1600 was the last one that the POs parted
with.  Over the years two brothers had owned 7 or 8 roadsters in various
conditions.  Mine was running good but in need of some TLC when I purchased
it nearly 6 years ago.  Since then I have discovered/learned that 1969 1600s
should have a VIN tag on the dash; mine doesn't.  All roadsters have the VIN
stamped in the frame; right where mine has a big weld blob.  And the center
console is not correct for a '69 and a dozen other things aren't "correct"!
So I now believe I own several roadsters that only require one parking
space.  Probably the last of all the parts these two brothers had collected
over the years (it came with enough 'spare' parts to fill my old Escort!).
  But when I get behind the wheel and drive, it is the best car I have ever
owned for shear fun and enjoyment.  While the differences in my 1600 have
come up in discussion at various OROC events over the years, no one slights
me or the car when we are on the road.  And if there ever did, well, .. I
probably wouldn't notice.  Too hard to hear with the roar of the motor, the
wind in my face, and a smile from ear to ear!

Enjoy the ride!

Paul Kort
OROC
SLOAN RACING