Re: Can a '66 soft-top frame be fitted to a '64 w/o permanent

To: mzerega@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Can a '66 soft-top frame be fitted to a '64 w/o permanent
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:29:05
Matt,

I've never done the conversion....but you should be able to swap out the top
piece of the winshield frame with a '65-67 piece and be okay. You may also
need to make some minor changes to the mounts behind the seats....

The other thing to pay close attention to is the height of the wing
windows....I believe the 64 had a fixed window, while 65-67 had a vent
windows that opened. Don't know if this would be a problem.

I'd recommend taking a very close look at a 65 spl310 (with the new style
top frame) and compare it to your '64

Good Luck,

Dan Zubkoff
San MAteo, CA