A belated "thank You!" (was: Here on the Big Island...)

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: A belated "thank You!" (was: Here on the Big Island...)
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 18:06:08 -1000
I want to thank all that responded to my plea for ideas.

Problem was, I got very busy about the time I sent it out, and the car with
hood up, hasn't moved from my garage since (still has the compression tester
screwed into #1.)

There were several troubleshooting ideas, which hadn't occurred to me, in the

Two "clues" I hadn't mentioned in the original post:

I didn't notice any "noises" associated with the time of initiation of
missing.

Cyl. # 1 was considerably lower (~15 psi lower) in the previous (more than a
year ago) compression tests than the other 3.

...and Andy:

I do hope to get a response to you regarding Honeymoon, "must do" activities
on the Big Island before you arrive.  Where will you be staying??

Aloha,

Dave
'68 1600
Kailua-Kona