Re: Adjusting the valves

To: <Robert.Long@CSDInc.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Adjusting the valves
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 09:01:30 -0700
Sounds confusing to me.  Try removing the spark plugs, put the timing mark
on top dead center.  That will bring up No.1 Piston to the compression
stroke, meaning that both valves for that Cyl. are closed, then adjust the
Valves on #1 Cyl.  Then putting your finger over the spark plug hole on #3
Cyl. turn the engine until the pressure stops pushing your finger and the
Piston is at the top, and the valves are closed then adjust.  Doing the same
for 2 & 4 Cylinders.  Done!